Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post. How is you day going so far? I hope it’s going well. Egg foo young is a great dish that comes from China. It’s fluffy on the inside, and warm and crispy on the outside. The gravy balances out the dish and compliments it very well.. Now further a do, let’s get to the recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup cooked small shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Beat together the eggs, bean sprouts, green onions, shrimp, and garlic powder in a bowl until well-combined. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and scoop about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture into the skillet to make a patty. Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side, and repeat with the remaining egg mixture. Set the patties aside.
- Whisk together the chicken broth, cornstarch, sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat until the sauce simmers and thickens, about 5 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the patties.