Hi everyone and welcome back to another blog post. Today we will be making kimchi fried rice. This dish is from Korea, a country where all food is good. The fried rice is spicy, but with all the other veggies, it balances the dish out. Now further a do, let’s get to this recipe.
- 1 cup kimchi , cut into thumbnail size pieces
- 150 g bacon, cut into thumbnail size pieces
- 1 pack enoki mushrooms , root removed, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 3 cups steamed short grain rice , if it is freshly cooked, leave it out for 5 to 10 mins at room temperature to cool down before cooking
- 4 x-large eggs cooked sunny side up or per your preference
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Kimchi juice, – this liquid is from the bottom of the kimchi container
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- 1/2 stalk green onion to garnish, thinly sliced (optional)
- roasted seasoned seaweed , shredded (optional)
- On medium high heat preheat a pan/wok and once heated, add the cooking oil and spread it well with a spatula.
- Add the garlic, stir it fast for about 10 seconds. Then add the bacon and stir it well until half of it is cooked.
- Add the Kimchi and stir until 80% of it is cooked.
- (Optional) Add the mushrooms and mix them well for a few seconds. Reduce the heat to medium-medium low.
- Add the rice and the kimchi juice. Mix all of them together well and thoroughly.
- Add the sesame oil and mix them well. Remove from the heat.
- Serve the Kimchi fried rice on a plate. Garnish with the sesame seeds, green onion and seaweed strips. (Garnish is all optional). Place the cooked egg on top. Enjoy!