Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post. Today we will be making butter mochi. It is buttery and chewy on the outside and crispy and soft on the outside. It taste amazing and my mom always makes this special occasions. Now further a do, let’s get to the recipe.
- 4 oz unsalted butter – melted
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 1 can unsweetened coconut cream (13.5 oz)
- 1 box of mochiko (16 oz)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Extra butter for pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9”x13” baking pan.
- Add melted butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl (or the stand mixer bowl) and mix well to combine.
- Add vanilla, eggs, evaporated milk, coconut cream and beat until smooth.
- Stir in mochiko and baking powder and mix until completely smooth.
- Fold in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 55 -75 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean with just a few crumbs attached.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes over the top if desired.