HI everyone and welcome back to another blog post. Today we will be making shrimp tempura. It is crispy on the outside and yummy on the inside. Now further a do let’s get to the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups cold club soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- canola oil for frying
- 1 pound shrimp deveined and shells removed (21-25 count)
- Set a pot of oil (3 inches deep) on medium high until it reaches 375 degrees.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch baking powder, kosher salt and white pepper in a bowl together.
- Dredge the shrimp lightly in the mixture and set aside.
- Add in the club soda and whisk, then dip the shrimp in the batter before carefully frying in the oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.