Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post. Today we will be making banana bread with walnuts. This bread is soft and moist on the inside which taste very good with the soft and crunchy walnuts baked inside of it. Overall, the banana bread is amazing. Now further a do, let’s get to the recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mashed overripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. Stir in the bananas, eggs, and walnuts until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir just until blended. Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture. Ideally, refrigerate the loaves for 2 hours or more before serving.