Hi everyone and welcome back to another blog post. For today’s recipes we will be making a Thai dish called, pad see ew. The noodles are nice and soft and the vegetables give it that extra crunch and flavor. Now further a do, lets get to the recipe.
- 8 ounces extra wide rice noodles
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup canola oil divided
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg scrambled
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Soak the noodles for 30 minutes in cold water or boil them for one minute and steep them in the hot water for five minutes before draining.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and toss with soy sauce.
- Add 2 tablespoons of canola oil to the wok or large skillet on medium high heat.
- Sear the chicken on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking add the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, fish sauce and oyster sauce to a bowl and whisk them together.
- Add in the egg to the skillet and chop it up with a spatula while cooking.
- Add in the garlic, broccoli and mushrooms with the remaining oil.
- Cook on high heat before adding in the noodles and chicken.
- Cook the noodles until slightly crispy 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the sauce, toss well and let cook for another 1-2 minutes or until noodles caramelize a little.