Hi everyone and welcome back to another blog post. Today we will be making carne asada fries. The meat is juicy and flavorful, the fries are nice and crispy, and all toppings are delicious when put together with the fries and meat. Now further a do, lets get to the recipe.
- 1 bag frozen fries
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 (4oz) top sirloin or fast fry steaks (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp each Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 5 tablespoons of guacamole (optional, you can put more)
- 5 tablespoons of pico de gallo (optional, you can put more)
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Bake fries according to package directions (usually 10-12 minutes per side).
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over med-high heat. Season steak with chili powder and salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove from heat and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Remove fries from oven and top with cheese, then bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Divide among 4 plates and top with steak, pico de gallo, guacamole, jalapenos, sour cream and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!