Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post. Today is Valentine’s day and everyone loves chocolate. My favorite fruit is strawberries and I thought mix those two up and make chocolate covered strawberries. I guess chocolate covered strawberries is somewhat valentines day related. Now further a do lets get to this recipe
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
- Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool.