Hi everyone and welcome back to another blog post. Today we will be making macaroni and cheese. The top is crunchy and crispy and the inside is cheesy and gooey. This macaroni and cheese is very delicious. Now further a do, let’s get to this recipe.
- Elbow macaroni
- Ground black pepper
- Half and half
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven. Preheat to 325 degrees and lightly grease a square baking dish.
- Cook the macaroni. Slightly undercook your noodles (about 1 minute under al-dente). Drain and set aside.
- Make the roux. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Blend in the flour, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and cheese. Stir in milk and half and half, slowly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add 1 cup shredded cheese to the sauce and stir just until melted. Add the cooked macaroni noodles and toss to coat them in the sauce.
- Pour into baking dish. Pour half or the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over the top. Pour remaining pasta over it and sprinkle with remaining cheese.