Hi everyone and welcome back to another blog post. Today we will be making garlic rice. Garlic rice compliments Filipino breakfast very well. The rice is crispy and delicious. I love garlic rice and it is one of my favorite foods. Now further a do, let’s get to this recipe.
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c cooked rice, cooled and dry
- ¼ tsp salt
- Dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- In a large wok or skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and add the minced garlic. Stir fry the garlic for 2-3 minutes, until it turns a light golden color. Carefully remove the garlic from the pan, leaving the garlic-infused oil behind. Drain the fried garlic on paper towels until cool.
- Add the cooked rice to the garlic oil in the wok, stirring to coat all the grains with oil. Spread the rice out in the wok, covering as much surface area of the hot pan as possible. Let the rice cook, undisturbed, for 3-5 min. Stir the rice well, then spread it out again and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 min more. Continue this process until the rice is cooked to your liking.
- Once the rice is golden and starting to get crispy, return the fried garlic to the pan (saving some for garnish, if desired).
- Season the rice with salt and pepper and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Garnish with extra fried garlic and sliced scallions.
- If desired, serve the rice topped with fried eggs.