Hi everyone and welcome back to another blog post. Today we will be making hot and sour soup. Hot ans sour soup is perfect during Winter time because it is warm. The soup is hot and warm and has all these amazing ingredients. Hot ans our soup is my most favorite soup in the whole entire world, besides clam chowder. Now further a do, let’s get to the recipe.
- 6 cups beef or chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup lite sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 6 oz. firm tofu sliced into strips
- 2 green onions sliced
- Bring the broth to a simmer over medium high heat in a large saucepan. Add the mushrooms, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha sauce and white pepper. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and cold water to make the slurry. Add it to the soup and stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the soup starts to thicken.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the soup while gently stirring.
- Add the tofu and green onions, stir and remove from heat. Serve immediately